Are you looking for the best testosterone booster supplements to help you feel more energized, confident and empowered? If so, you’ve come to the right place. As men age, their testosterone levels naturally start to dip. This can lead to a range of issues like fatigue, low libido, difficulty sleeping and increased risk of certain diseases. Supplementing with the best testosterone booster supplements can help restore your natural hormone balance and boost your overall wellbeing.
Here are some of the top testosterone boosters on the market in 2023:
1. Zinc Magnesium Aspartate (ZMA)
This unique combination of zinc, magnesium and aspartate helps to increase testosterone production while improving muscle strength and physical performance. Studies have shown that taking 30mg of zinc with 450mg of magnesium aspartate for eight weeks significantly increased free testosterone levels in men who were deficient in these minerals.
2. D-aspartic acid (DAA)
D-aspartic acid is an amino acid that helps regulate hormones such as luteinising hormone, which stimulates testosterone production. Studies suggest that supplementation with 3g per day for 12 days can increase total serum testosterone levels by up to 42%.
3. Vitamin D3
Vitamin D plays a key role in the regulation of male hormones, including testosterone. Research has shown that supplementation with 3000 IU daily can result in significant increases in free and total T levels after just one year of use.
4. Fenugreek Extract Derived from a Mediterranean herb, fenugreek extract is known for its ability to support healthy hormone balance by helping to reduce SHBG – the protein responsible for binding sex hormones such as testosterone, making them unavailable for use by the body’s tissues and organs.
5. Tribulus Terrestris Extract Commonly known as ‘Puncture Vine’ or ‘Devil’s Claw’, this herbal extract is thought to stimulate the release of Luteinising Hormone, thereby naturally increasing T production. Numerous studies have found that supplementation with 500-1000mg per day can significantly improve sexual health and performance.
6. Mucuna Pruriens Also known as the velvet bean, this tropical legume contains high levels of L-Dopa – a precursor to dopamine which helps regulate male hormones such as testosterone. Studies suggest that supplementing with 15-25g per day can significantly increase T levels over time, while also reducing stress and anxiety levels.
7. Ashwagandha Root Considered one of Ayurveda’s ‘super herbs’, Ashwagandha root is well known for its ability to reduce cortisol & lower stress levels. But it also works directly on the endocrine system by stimulating the adrenal glands – ultimately increasing testosterone production when taken regularly at doses of up to 2000-3000mg per day.
8. Horny Goat Weed This traditional Chinese herb has historically been used as an aphrodisiac due to its potent ability to improve erectile function & libido. Recent research suggests that it may also work by inhibiting aromatase enzymes – preventing the conversion of testosterone into oestrogen, thus maintaining a healthy hormonal balance.
The bottom line
The best way to find out which supplementation strategy works best for you is through trial and error – observing how each ingredient affects your energy levels and mood before choosing the one that works best in the long term. In any case, always consult a qualified healthcare professional before starting a new supplementation programme or making changes to your current regimen.